Re: Anaxial's Rooster & Convulsion

From: Hannu Kokko <Hannu.Kokko_at_iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 01:13:56 +0300

on 6.8.2000 21:45, The Glorantha Digest at owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com wrote:

> Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:17:21 EDT
> From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
> Subject: Re: Anaxial's Rooster
>
> Alex:
>
> << Can someone confirm that Initiates are getting AR, and Runemasters and
> Heroes are not (having got lots of loot already, I hasten to add)?>>
>
> Greg's latest GTA mailing seemed fairly clear to me. Runemasters and
> Initiates *can* have AR (or alternatively, the Glorantha book) now if they
> want it, by asking Greg. If they don't ask him, they'll get whatever book
> they originally asked for. So:

Just out of curiosity: I last received GTA mailing in March (I am an initiate). Is this Greg's mailing later than that. It did not seem to cover any ground in this matter.

Re: Convulsion

Convulsion was great, this year also. It even seems that we had some new faces there, younger ones than usual. Less Scandinavians than ever, I think.

It was truly good to see friends and friendly faces from previous Convulsions. It seems that the whole weekend went by so fast that you could not exchange as many words than you would have liked. Next time.

Less new stuff to buy than usual. This was a little bit of disappointment and also a little bit worrying. Only the YBOT and TradeTalk 6 were new, all the rest had been on sale for a few months already.

Lots of fun with Hero Wars scenario there, we had a really good GM. I miss the middle of the night Cthulhu scenarios though.

Revolt in the Redlands was great, we managed to beat back the Pentans against all odds, glory to Tuskers and Orayan Medium Cavalry raids.

Hawkmoon and adhoc Cthulhu scenario were also fun. Ahh, the dogfights with Ornithopters... Even though the "I waste them with my FlameLance..." wore a little thin during the night.

House of Malan was ok with couple of great moments such as Ken Rolston as Indrogar facing the king's son in a duel and finding out that the son is better than him on the sword: "I never said that you were incompetent only that you are dishonorable" paraphrased from memory.

Perhaps the Convulsion was a little bit less organised than the previous ones, there were for example less seminars to participate in. Should the committee for the next one perhaps solicitate more seminars from amongst the audience or general public... A call for papers or call for seminar subjects on this and hero wars list might be in order. Should we take a lateral look on the stuff we do and make seminars out of that, a questionnaire from amongst us who participate, perhaps. Not that I am volunteering :-)

Tournaments could start on the first evening so that they do not overflow all the way to Sunday afternoon.

Will definitely be there on the next Convulsion also.

By the way, I think that the book burnings must stop. DoD/ELC are truly bad books but you should never burn books even as a joke, there are bad examples in history.