Re: Terra Incognita on Elves

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:55:27 EDT

Chris Lemens:

<<So, in a fit of hypocrisy and self-Gregging, I'll reverse my previous
position and say that Yellow Elves, being far from Aldrya, had to have the active help of her proxies to reproduce, while the Greens did not, due to their physical proximity. Another possibility is that all of the female Yellow elves (and the ability to produce more) were killed off at some point, probably no earlier than the Storm Age.>>

      Of course, the interesting question is why the brown elves have females when the yellow elves (from which they were originally descended) don't...

<< I see that a number of things have been un-Gregged; for instance,
Shanasse. Speaking of whom, is there any connection between Shanasse Aldrya's lover and Shanassae the sky critters also known as Certami? Or is that just linguistic happenstance? >>

       I can't say for certain, as this additional name came from either Greg or Stephen Martin, not from me. But it does rather sound like there's intended to be a connection though, doesn't it? Shanassae might be the elven name for certami, for instance - its plausible they'd know about them, IMO.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky