Re: Exogamy; bloodlines

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_snark.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 19:39:00 +0100

>from KoDP. Some of the 'we women need husbands' scenes
>and outcomes imply that marriageable men are to be found
>within the clan, don't they?

Perhaps they are women from other clans, who have children that are members of your clan, and therefore can't or don't want to go home. Marrying another man from your clan is the only option that allows them to stay and havea husband.

Ian Cooper:
>If we are exogamous your sisters will be married
>outside the clan, your mother will have come from
>outside the clan.

Not necessarily, there are forms of Orlanthi marriage in which the husband travels to the other clan.

I posted this weekend, but it didn't get through, saying that "isogamous" is reproduction where the gametes are two of the same size and structure.

Phil.