Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #844

From: robert darvall <Robert.Darvall_at_general.monash.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:40:35 +1100

Alex
> It strikes me as odd, to say the least that one
> would have 'communal property' which is actually owned at social
> right-angles to the actual (micro-)community in which ones lives.

Does not Pendragon provide a similar example where one knight holds lands in the midst of his enemies in addition to his main foeff? (Far from books so I can't quote the mobs concerned) And then there is the example of the Oz Aborigines (pull me up if I'm well off beam here John) in which IIRC a bloodline has the right to the use of a site but one or more others may well be its custodians. Owning a communal bit of grazing or hunting some distance from home & not shared by the other dwellers in your building is far from odd. Applying the same rules to spades, or worse spears, may well be.