One True Monomyth

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:05:00 +0100

Carl Fink writes:

> What made Glorantha (in the monomyth days) interesting was precisely
> that religions weren't obviously nonsensical, like the ones in the
> real world.

Check out http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/one-true.htm ("Whatever Happened to the One True Glorantha?") for a less rosy view of the Good Old Days when every publication accepted the literal truth of the Monomyth. My selection of choice quotes from RQ2, CoP, CoT, WF, etc. showing the reverse. Plus commentary.

Now, I'm sure there were gaming groups that ignored anything and everything they didn't want to deal with. But "Glorantha (in the monomyth days)" contained the same inherent confusions, contradictions, mysteries and paradoxes that are there today. You just ignored them; maybe because you were twenty years younger when you read them?

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick