Re: Truth

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:05:28 +0200

Peter:

> > . . . In glorantha, they email them and get contradictory answers
> > depending on the god contacted. Whom do you then believe? In
> > resolving this riddle, you arrive straight back at RW conundrums on
> > the nature of truth.

Carl Fink:

> Yeah, but what I for one think of this is that it's *implausible*.
> It implies that there is no correct answer, that Glorantha has *no*
> underlying reality of any kind.

I agree that there is an underlying (or overlying, or transcendental or whatever) reality, but remember that all explanations, mythic or scientific, are just symbolic interpretations.

That said, I think it's worthwhile to discuss the "reality", because it's easier to deduce different cultures slant on things if we have an opinion on "reality" than it is if we have to reverse-engineer everything everytime. (I know Alex will disagree about this, it's a recurring theme...)

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?