Re: EWF religion

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:16:01 -0800

Peter Metcalfe

> While Orlanthi were in the EWF inner council, I don't believe
> that all Orlanthi were members of Orlanth Dragonfriend then.
> Most of them would have just been worshippers of Orlanth Thunderous,
> Orlanth Lawspeaker etc. and seen Orlanth Dragonfriend as another
> compatible Orlanthi cult.

IMO, not only were Orlanthi in the inner council, but they provided the Emperors (being the most suited to and interested in ruling the Orlanthi who made up the bulk of the Empire).

I agree that the average Orlanthi would be as always (even many of those who forked their tongues). There might be more subcults, now lost, that dealt with dragons (e.g. some Orlanth Thunderous hero who brought down rain from Lorion) I imagine the dragon-killing myths would be deemphasized.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein