EWF, Rufelza, Law Process, Immortalization

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:18:40 -0800

At 11:02 AM 1/22/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>IMO this is what the the Third Council did. The Inner Brotherhood, to avoid
>entanglements with the world, didn't actually do much governing, leaving a
>political void. The Third Council were those of a more materialist bent that
>seized temporal power because no one else really wanted it.
This is essentially correct.
Factions include, at different times, Pick Upppers and Forwards, versus Up Toppers and Here and Nows.

>And it is stated Lunar doctrine that Sedenya is but a mask of Rufelza, who
>was born when Glorantha was raped by Wakboth upon the destruction of the
>spike. Of course, any Lunar Illuminant knows all of these mysteries to be
>true, regardless of contradiction.

Actually, Rufelza is a mask of Sedenya.

and:
>Her creation/resurrection during time directly contradicts the great
>compromise. So either the compromise doesn't exist, or her creation
>doesn't occur during time. Osentalka's creation is accompanied by the sun
>stop. From the descriptions we have its fairly clear to me that this is
>actually a suspension of linear time. It seems equally likely that Rufelza
>is likewise created/resurrected during a stoppage in time. During such a
>stoppage the god time returns to the middle world, and non-linear
>relationships are possible.

Castle Blue is the place where time stops, etc. Law Process
>It seems like a very time-consuming process if they have to drag both
>clan-chiefs and both bloodlines before the tribal king at the quarterly
>moot. Any suggestions on how heortling justice would handle such a case?

It takes a long time.
If the kin are impatient, do it the right way: by sword.

>I've been looking into the Kultaini tribe lately (I'm interested in how
>the players handle the tribe being broken up). One thing that has
>gotten my interest has been Tarkalor before he became Prince of Sartar
>and King of Dragon Pass. He seems to have been the leader of a warband
>that kicked a lot of troll (Kitori) butt. Was his motivation simply
>that they were available enemies? Does he have a particular hatred of
>Trolls? Does he have any ties with the Wilmskirk Confederation? Since
>the Kitori were mostly in the Holy Country, is there some anti-Pharoah
>motivation here?

Robin D. Laws is workong on this novel right now. Your answers will be forthcoming.

>This brings up a secondary question: how long before a person can get a
>subcult? If Tarkalor founded, or redefined, this group of anti-troll
>warriors, could there be a Tarkalor Trollkiller subcult of some god (OA
>or Orlanth the Warrior?). Even if most of this group got killed with
>Tarkalor at Grizzley Peak, some may have survived (boys then, now old
>men) and could have had first hand knowledge of him. Would this help or
>hurt? Could he be HeroFormed? Any idea what feat(s) it would offer?
We'll put forth the rules for becoming immmortal. It's not asy and has to start (in most cases) before the death of the person.