Calender answers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:52:50 +1300

Brad Furst:

>When in the Gloranthan calendar is the coldest time of year?

In Dragon Pass, the Winter Solstice occurs on Fire Day/Illusion Week/Dark Season and the season is ruled by Valind.

>When is the peak heat of the year?

The Summer Solstice occurs on Fire Day/Harmony Week/Fire Season and Elmal and Heler struggle for control over the season.

>In the Gloranthan calendar, why does the Disorder/Harmony pair of
>weeks start each season? Why do Death/Fertility weeks come before
>the remainder?

The traditional order of the celestial court, I suppose. Nobody today knows if the first two were the greatest, the least or something else.