Kitori

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:14:35 +0800

Peter Metcalfe wrote about the Kitori:
>I understand they replaced the Trolls on the World Council after
>the latter left the God Project that created Nysalor.

        I don't think so, I think they withdrew along with the Trolls. Though I'd be interested to know the source of this - if its Greg, I'll have to rethink the early history of the Kitori. I can't imagine them (or the OOO) being any more keen on creating a god of Light than the Uz were.

        Possibly they stayed in the project, but left after the Curse of Kin? Or were betrayed at some other point?

        In any case, they were a human tribe still at this point.

> How they
>survived Arkat is a mystery.

        It certainly is - if they opposed him. I had them on the other side, at which point the question becomes how did they survive Palangio the Iron Vrok et al (and the answer is 'not terribly well').

        At the time of the Second Council I still had them dwelling on the Shadow Plateau, and close allies of the OOO, so I figured they were on his side.

> They also seem to be involved in
>starting the worship of Zorak Zoran among trolls.

        Yes. They originally (at the time of the founder, Vorzar Kitor) worshipped a spirit called Zolan Zubar, quite similar to Zorak Zoran, who was incorporated into the Zorak Zoran cult at some point (possibly by Kwaratch Kwang as a power grab).

        I agree with Peter pretty much about the Kings and Queens (with the caveat that Thunder Rebels has yet to make it to outer pamaltela, so I am unsure of some of the deities details). Clans are either troll or human, not mixed, and the kings are human, the queens troll. The queens lovers are important because the Kitori do not practice miscegenation, so the marriage of the kings and queens is symbolic. The queens lovers are trolls (and obviously well 'ard). The humans have always been darkness worshippers, and have their own darkness traditions that are different to troll ones, and involve revering Argan Argar and the tribal founder Vorzar Kitor.

Sergi wrote:
>For example, "Urox and Karrg against Chaos" or "Humakt lends Death to
>Zorak Zoran". Of course, they don't worship Elmal...

        Urox and Zorak Zoran against chaos almost certainly (we know the two cults are friendly, there must be some mythic reason for it), and Orlanth lends death to Zorak Zoran, possibly. Humakt and ZZ still hate each other, and the Kitori have no Humakti. They have plenty of other warrior gods, though, including ZZ and Urox. And you are damn right they don't worship Elmal.

	Cheers
		David