Re: Orlanth the Lion

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:39:07 +0000

I wrote
>> Peter Metcalfe states categorically:
>>>Orlanth the Lion has absolutely nothing to do with Basmol.

Julian Lord
> Weird things happen to things I say : they consistently turn
> into other people's ideas...

> Nope, that was me : Orlanth is a god, Basmol is a Spirit.

In that case, apologies to Julian and Peter, and nevertheless a great deity (spirit, whatever materialistic entity fits) ought to be able to encompass alien concepts within its whole and express them in its own mode.

Fact is that the remaining Seshnegi Basmoli fled from the Malkioni to Basim and surrounding hills, and fact is that here Orlanth the Lion is worshipped.

And Orlanth the Boar (a deity) and Mralot (a spirit) are entirely unrelated?

I'd sooner believe the God Learner teachings still are correct.