Re: Pamaltelan -mre

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:38:29 -0700

Chris Lemens

>In Missing Lands, the
>Pamaltelan creation myth is in near the end. It says Pamalt created a
>buncha folks before getting it right. Two of them were the pel-mre and the
>jel-mre. (I think I got the names right.) One of the two now lived in the
>mountains near the Errinoru Jungle. The other was "driven into the west" or
>something like that. Would Pamaltelans have recognized lascerdans as the
>other *-mre? Did lascerdans themselves believe that they came from the
>east?

This is from memory, but I think the jelmre are goofy creatures mentioned in the RQ Bestiary, and the pelmre are slarges.

Since I wasn't running a Dawn Age game with no humans, I have no idea what the lascerdans believed. (Remember they are completely extinct by the time humans show up.)

David Dunham dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein