I don't want my Mummy (OT warning)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:00:15 +0300

:Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:23:24 +0100
:From: chrisgraham <chrisgraham_at_netscapeonline.co.uk>
:Subject: The Mummy returns
:
:Hi
:
:Just saw the Mummy Returns, fantastic special effects. See the movie and
:think of scenario ideas.

I apologize in advance, but I have to comment on this. I just had the misfortune to see this exuse of a sequel too. The original Mummy was funny, and a must see for Call of Cthulhu fans with a sense of humor. But for the sequel the CGI had timetravelled 10 years in the wrong direction, and the directing was even worse than the script.

: Never struck me until the battle scenes how scary it mnust be to go into
: battle.

That the director decided to rip from The Gladiator the one truly horrible special effect (erratic slow/fastmotion and lowering effective framerate in the battlescenes to make a flickering mess) tells loads about the level of inspiration that went into the Mumsy II

: Several NPC's and at least one scenario can be dragged out of the plot.
:
:Cheers
:Chris

I have to disagree Chris. I'd advice everybody to steer clear of this thing, but if you have to see it (a turkey fan, for instance) then you can see it as an example of how to NOT run a game.

And now I'll go do pennance for ranting OT on the digest. =(

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.