Re: Navigation

From: plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:35:50 -0500 (CDT)

Nils Weinander says:

> since the islands in the East Isles are much closer to each
> other than the island groups of Polynesia, I assume you can
> come a long way with the use of landmarks.

In Glorantha, of course, you might have "landmarks" in the middle of the ocean. "Sail East until you see the patch of red water where the Sea King died, then turn north; do not enter the patch, for the merpeople consider that a very grave offense...." Similarly, mysterious sounds or smells might be useful navigation aids (or lead players terribly astray).

Peter Larsen