RE: Syranthir, Iransavel

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 17:13:48 -0400

Thanks for all the helpful information everyone!

So... just to labor the point, I assume that the parallel between Syranthir and King Froalar should be taken as more literary than literal? Syranthir's ancestors might have been Silver Empire colonists, but probably weren't - and it doesn't matter anyway, because he wouldn't have been trying to imitate the early seshnelan pagans/henotheists?

Humm... creating a "Carmanian House Generator" is going to be more difficult than I thought! And I thought it would be pretty hard. After all, how do you work out the history/mythological story of a people from such a complex background? Should I use Fronelan mythic history, Pelandan, or some sort of blending of the two (which I suspect is the case)?

I wonder what stories the Carmanians tell their children about the "bad old days back in the west"...

~Kevin
Proving that there really *is* a more stupid question than the one that wasn't asked.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #478