RE: Syranthir, Iransavel

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 01:14:07 +0100 (BST)

Kevin P. McDonald:
> Humm... creating a "Carmanian House Generator" is going to be more
> difficult than I thought! And I thought it would be pretty hard. After
> all, how do you work out the history/mythological story of a people
> from such a complex background? Should I use Fronelan mythic history,
> Pelandan, or some sort of blending of the two (which I suspect is the
> case)?

My gut suspicion is that, at least vastly predominantly, it'd tell "the story of" their Fronelan (pre-)history, but "informed by" Pelandan influences. (And hence, and otherwise, very different from other Fronelan takes.) There will be the odd weird case that specifically reckons in Pelandan co-descent in an explicit, significant fashion, but by the 85% rule, said generator should concentrate on the "main line", I'd have thought.

Cheers,
Alex.