Re: Umathela

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:38:59 -0700

Terra

> I bothered about Umathela. Why Early Malkioni riding with
> Waertagi Dragonships bothered with Storm barbarians? (If they didn't come
> with Mythological Age Storm Tribe Legions...when Storm Brother invaded
> Southern land..)

I think it was actually the Waertagi, not the Malkioni, who first transported the Storm barbarians (probably from now-sunk Slontos) to Umathela. There weren't any there in the Storm Age.

I'm still not quite sure why the Waertagi wanted them there... Perhaps it was in part to create a demand for their services. Perhaps it was their own experiment with humans. Or maybe they simply owed a favor to one of the barbarian leaders.
- --

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein