Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #579

From: Oliver Bernuetz <oliver_bernuetz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:05:02 -0500

Terra Incognita said :

>And I guess it is one of Greg Stafford Secret? Elf Sea is Origin of >Horse
>Pentan Riders: I think the article of "Ancestors of the Lenshi >Kings
>(1998): Hurfor and the Starlight Tribe" hinted this origin. As >if they
>were RW Scythians who lived near of Caspian Sea. Maybe >Berenethtelli,
>Pelandan Lenshi, Jenarong Dynasty and Hyaloring in >GROY are all
>descendants from that Area.

Hmm, interesting. I'm not familiar with that article but I don't think the Pentans originate from the Elf Sea area. Granted the information in Griffin Mountain isn't that detailed but if the Pentans were from that region they should have been mentioned more prominently. The area around the Elf Sea is mostly rolling country with patches of forest here and their, it's not really horse rider terrain. The Redlands maybe but that's further north. But like I said I haven't seen that article so I could easily be mistaken.

Oliver