Vadeli

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:25:09 +1300

Jerome Blondel:

>Who called the post-closing Vadeli state New Oabil?

Probably the Umathelans and the Fonritans.

>I was supposing the dwarfs destroyed Oabil. A few months ago you unleashed
>the info that the Vadeli were chaotic.

But the Vadeli were also in alliance with the Mostali at the time (although they were also cheating them).

>So i think Oabil turned into a pit of chaotic corruption, and was
>destroyed by the dwarfs, so that other Vadeli said oops, shouldn't
>we avoid this?

It doesn't fit the mythical sequence. The Vadeli kingdom is before the great darkness so working with chaos is not something that the Vadeli could have been doing then.

Secondly although I said the Vadeli worked with chaos, it doesn't mean that their lands are pits of slime or that they sprout chaotic features. I just meant that they were willing to work with Wakboth, Broos, etc, in their plot to take over the world.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #585