Re: what would an orlanthi do with a rock?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:11:36 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Robert William Vesterman" <bob_at_vesterman.com>

> So, what would an Orlanthi do with a big ol' rock
> that somehow seems special on his property?

I'd say it might depend on what it looked like -- does it have something that might be a face, etc.?

If it has a face on it, it might be the body of [minor mythic enemy], whom Ernalda turned to stone with a glance when he caught her bathing. A pool of water nearby would be a good reminder not to trifle with the gods.

If it look slike it has had an impact before, it is clearly someone's used thunderstone, where you should worship before you raid the redneck neighbor who has really gone too far this time. Take a chip with you, but return it when you come back.

If it has any kind of big groove on it, it might be the rock that Barnatar took a day to remove from his field, proving that Barnatar is as steadfast as stone.  The groove is where Barnatar's plow hit it. Put a little soil in the groove and grow something there.

In any case, it might be where the steadwyter hangs out, so approrpriate sacrifices should be held there.

As for runes, if nothing else works, put Orlanth's on top and Ernalda's on the bottom. (Or at least tell the priestess that you put them there. Let her figure out how to tip it over and look.)

Chris Lemens

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more http://games.yahoo.com/