Celestial court

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 17:39:39 +0100 (BST)

Gian:
> Can someone in modern Glorantha worship a god of the
> Celestial Court? I mean, as a very rare or unique
> option (like the worshipping of a great god without
> the intercession of a subcult), could a modern
> Gloranthan meet an initiate of (for example)
> Kargan-Tor?

It would indeed be somewhat like worshipping "the whole of" a great god, but even moreso. My feeling is this would be impossible by any practice usefully describable as "theistic". You could certainly do something like this as a "mystical" exercise, though. And certainly someone could be worshipping a form of a Celestial Court entity, in much the may as there still exists a cult of "Uleria", often rationalised as being just a fragment of the original.

> If the answer is no, when was it possible, in your
> opinion? In the mythic ages of the pre-dawn?

I'd think in the Green Age, certainly (insofar as it's possible to talk about "worship", much less "different modes"); maybe in the Golden Age, too.

> During the GL period?

I wouldn't have said so. Certainly there would have been much effort in at least notionally "reconstructing" the CC from still-worshipped beings, but I don't think this would ever have resulted in a worshippable "whole being" corresponding to same. More of a taxonomic "paper exercise".