More Nida and West Rockwood, Yolp Mountains

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:14:26 +0900

Peter Metcalph's statement for Carmanian Malkionism: Answer to Martin Laurie:
Message 969
Date: Mon Jul 31, 2000 12:57 pm

> > > The "Fronelan Malkion" is Makan, the God of the
> > > people who expelled Syranthir from Loskalm as I said before.
>
> >And nevertheless, he is Malkion, which is the whole point.
>
> No, he is not. Look at the HW-rules description of
> Malakinus, revealed by Carmanos to be the source of Good
> Sorcery which he studied from Idovanus, the source of all
> Good. _That_ is the Carmanian interpretation of Malkion
> and one which they have held down since Carmanos.
>
> Enclosure #1 may say differently but on this forum and
> elsewhere I am going to place far more reliance on
> official publications than a Work-in-progress article
> that Greg forgot all about or even telephone calls.
>
> > > Caste Law was not affected by this earth-shattering
> > > revelation as nothing the God Learners or Logicians
> > > ever did, struck at the basis of Caste.
>
> >Caste law in Carmania has had a thousand years and a plethora of un
> >Malkioni influence to play on it.
>
> Nevertheless it is still Malkioni Caste Law (to the extent
> that the Vizier Caste is largely sorcerous) and it is still
> strict. All this is published.
>
> > > Who then is Malakinus?
>
> >After the Magi investigated sorcery for Evil, they did the old soul
> >searching bit, which I know you are aware of. Up till that point they
> >simply had Malakinus as a lesser god under the creator (the demiurge).
>
> So they don't demonize Malkion. And FWIW this is the
> Loskalmi interpretation too. So I don't see how this
> disqualifies the Carmanians from being Malkioni.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Me:
>>Change the first landing place of Alakoring...(from Aggar to >Brolia?)

Peter:
>Why? I assuming this is because of your statement on the HW list
>that Alakoring flew over the Nidan Mountains. But AFAIK he flew >over
>the Western Rockwoods.

From GTA Initiate Archive
Dragonpass History:

<<c. 910. Alakoring comes to "Aggar"

The Great Leader came flying over the impassable "Nidan" Mountains, (snip)

Nida or West Rockwood? Or Alakoring's flight was so long more than I had supposed.

>The Telmori didn't reach Dragon Pass until 1470 when they killed
>a King of Tarsh.

Peter's DP Timeline:
<<1470 ST Illaro Blacktooth dies while attempting to become King of Dragon Pass. His son, Tastinim is enthroned as King of Tarsh. Sartar enters Dragon Pass [KoS]. >>

I don't know why you think he was killed by werewolves. Though certainly Hauberk John and Telmori fought hard each other...

There is a library where Hachrat Blowhard ravaged Molorios....

Residents of Yolp Mountain:

Wendarian People of Northwest (Tales #16 Oronin Valley p.49 Mount Gestinus, South Pillar of Five Sacred Mountains)

Darjiin Manimati refugees from Shargash and Kazkurtum (GROY Manimati Cities p.35, Enclosure p. 56-57 Manimati Dynasties) In Wesley's Lunar Map, Dezokon and Ostodaka survive till modern age. How about the realationship between Darjiinite and Yolp Digijelms? In Classcal Cosmology of Glorantha, water is associated to darkness, but fire and darkness are never friendly to each other.

Trolls of Yolp (Book of Drastic Resolution: Darkness p. 66-68, See also James Frusetta Site: the map of Yolp)
They are the recent dominant race of Yolp Mountains, (I don't know what is the Mistak Mountain of Wesley's Lunar Map) maybe they drove Manimati from mountain peaks in Great Darkness...