Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #154 - 4 msgs

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

> Judgement, Fire, logic/ratiocination/writing/words
> (ho logos and all
> that jazz), ...

Julian, are you trying to apply physics to Glorantha *again*?

;-)

> > The 28 major days are attended by all heortlings.
> What happens if the
> > Free Army of Sartar is besieging Furthest when
> Reaping Day comes
> > along. Obviously the entire army can't abandon the
> siege lines to
> > attend ceremonies.

If I were the narrator, probably would suggest that some groups of warriors (percentage is subjective) leave the army to attend the ceremonies.

When the british invaded Zululand, they took conscious advantage from the fact that the enemy warriors were supposed to be returned to the fields to make the annual reaping, IIRC.

It's a good dramatic approach not to ignore the importance of ceremonial scheduling even during a campaign and have it impact on the outcome of events, IMO. Ciao,
Gian

Do You Yahoo!?
Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free http://sbc.yahoo.com

End of Glorantha Digest