Sorry, Fire Only

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 08:37:01 -0700

At 05:59 AM 7/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
Greg:
>> Actually, the fire myth is essential to the animist way of life too.
>> Forgive me if you must for my carelessness, but fire is essential to
>> human beings being human beings. It is (perhaps) the ONLY thing that
>> sets human beings apart from other animals.

Julian:
>Judgement, Fire, logic/ratiocination/writing/words (ho logos and all
>that jazz), ...

Judgement is not the sole provence of human beings. Logic, rationality and words are part of that same mental package, and again, are not the sole provence of human beings. Writing might be, but is not one of the things that made us human, just a byproduct of the rest.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>