Pentian Stories

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:51:08 +0100 (BST)

Hiya All

Having just returned from a trip to Bashkortostan in Central Russia, I am trying to put together a number of Pentian myths/stories based on Bashkiri Folk Tales (as they are horse nomads their stories seem to fit quite nicely).

In order to make these more Gloranthan in nature, I wonder if anyone else has written any Pentian stories/myths? In particular, I need to know the following: 1. What is the best word for "Pentian Hero/Knight"? The Bashkiri use "batyr" but if there is a Gloranthan equivalent I will use that
2. Where is the best place to find Pentian/Redlands mythology/stories? I have looked on the Net and found very little.
3. Where is the best place to find writeups of Pentian/Redland geography? 4. Has anyone else done any work on Pentian/Redlands stories/mythology/geography?

Anyway, if anyone could help, either as part of the Digest or off-digest at soltakss_at_yaho.com then I would appreciate it.

By the way, only an idiot would have arranged such a trip at the same time as Convulsion, especially as I was going to go to Convulsion this year :-( For goodness' sake, don't ask me which I would have preferred to go to. :"(

See Ya

Simon

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com