Mystics and Egoboo

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:23:24 +0100

Two thoughts occur to me reading the nice copy of REVEALED MYTHOLOGIES I picked up at Convulsion.
  1. Mystic is a term that has been used in Glorantha for a long time but now has a specific meaning. Does anyone think that Gaiseron 'the Mystic' of Loskalm and Jaldon 'the mad dental mystic' actually could be Mystics in the newly revealed sense? I'd say possibly for Jaldon since his childhood of deprivation could well set him up for a classic Failed Mystic Tempation: "Hey kid, want to live forever and get to eat anything you want?"
  2. Hey, Greg! Do I detect in the stories about how Thella came to the Keets the original version of what I wrote about as HOW THE KEETS SAVED THE WORLD?
--
Michael Cule