Star Gods and Gods as Stars

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:41:52 -0700 (PDT)

In a general way (GL approach), what does a god having a star or being visible as a star imply?

I mean: Orlanth is not a Star/Sky God, but he has Orlanth's Ring (incidentally: I think that "a beautiful night" for an Orlanthi is a stormy night with just the aforementioned constellation visible through a barricade of huge, lightning clouds; also a terse day would not be a "good day", because the sun would be too strong to please a Stormy Barbarian; Heortlings should ban skin tanning and other modern beauty practices, preferring pale, emaciated and wet faces with long hairs flowing freely in the wind -no chignons or horse-tail hairstyle...)

Rufelza is a planet, but she is not a star. Praxians worship great spirits and identify them with various planet/stars (even if they are not sky spirits).
A lot of water and dragon deities seem to be associated with stars.

But are not stars primarily connected with the Sky and Solar gods (are not Stars _in_ the Sky
Realm-otherworld or are they _in_ the Heroplane)?

Is there a Star Uz God (shudder)?

Ciao,
Gian