Re: Puzle Canal conundrum

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:26:02 -0800

Keith

> Why would Cradlerobbers want a model "ocean"? Because that is where the
> Cradles were going, so this "fake" ocean might confuse the magical senses of
> the Cradle guides.

Another model for the Puzzle Canal could be the waters of the Underworld (sailed many years later by the Black Fleet of the Lunars). It'd be a lot safer to conduct certain rituals without actually having to sail to the Underworld!

This might let you maintain its mysteriousness. "We know that this canal needs to lead to a pool of Green Oil, but we don't know what lurks there." And of course suggests that the Canal might have to be renovated several times as new information is learned from heroquesters. Which of course leads to workmen being lost as they go in to dredge or dam...

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>