Babs last

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:28:40 +0100

Simon :

> The only deity I can imagine taking Barbeestor Gor as a lover is
> Onalingi
> (in his sordid, dark corner of the bedroom, or in the bath when his
> mums not looking fantasies :-)

:-)

Peter :

> Non-fertility/non-mating seems so central to B Gor's nature
> that I find it hard to imagine another god getting around it.

There is always the possibility of r*p*, but of course that's not love. More broadly, it's not *impossible* to have sex with a BabsGori, so there just have to be some stories about this happening. Babs isn't Gorgorma.

Of course, Babs has had lewd proposals, and there are dead gods and castrated and otherwise mutilated ones who can attest to the fact.

But precisely because this is such a strong taboo, I think that it has to have been broken once or twice, and if there are any gods who can have done so and lived to talk about it, these would be Heler and Yinkin, and in a different way Eurmal.

And precisely because she castrates men who approach her means that she is sexually attractive, and has hidden fertility powers.

But I definitely agree with Greg that this is a matter for YGMV and individual stories, probably with an unhappy ending as Peter suggests.

But the motifs are implicitly there ...

> (Getting around the god to seduce or love a worshipper is another
> story, but one not too likely to have a happy ending for either the B
> Gor worshipper or the seducer/lover. On the other hand, it's a heroic
> sort of thing to do, and romantic tragedy plays well....)

This is more in line with what I'm thinking of.

Julian Lord