Some Answers About Non-Genertelian Glorantha

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 19:01:32 +1200

Herb from Heroquest-RPG list:

>Does anyone know if any information on the following has been
>published anywhere (and do any of these belong over on the GD?):

Missing Lands and Revealed Mythologies (both Issaries prefinished works) contain a great deal of information.

>1. What were the corresponding crises to Gbaji in the South and East
>(especially the East)? KoS shows the Devil (or these crises) come
>every 500-600 years. Before Time obviously the God's War was
>worldwide.

The only official information that we have about the east and the south is the snippet from Glorantha: Intro p27 (modified from Cults of Terror). This has Pamaltelans dancing with their gods to the beat of a drum not heard before while the Elves are praying for a good power to combat a virulent rot. Afterwards many Agimori received a sign and prepared great boats to sail over the heroplane to confront the Bad God. Unfortunately they arrived eleven generations later and now live in Pithdaros. But some sort of murderous conflict between elves and men seems likely.

Over in Kralorela, the Dragon Emperor was meditating on some Rune. No war is known to have visited Kralorela afterwards but one can be inferred from the Kralori wars against the Trolls and Dwarves early in the Imperial Age.

In Vithela, the Gbaji crisis had something to do with Dream Magic and involves an invasion of Vormain as part of a magical plot.

>3. Anything about the Eastern Isles beyond the roughly ten pages in
>Issaries' Glorantha book?

Missing Lands, Revealed Mythologies and Tales #17.

--Peter Metcalfe