Re: Pyramids

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

A friend suggests, offline, that perhaps Dragonnewts build pyramids. I'd bet that they do, but that they are not particularly special -- Dragonnewts probably build an equal number of cubes, double helixes, and Escher staircases. That said, a nicely placed pyramid in a Dragonnewt city will make player characters think there are mysterious connections where there are none.

I liked the idea that the Artmali built pyramids, just because it is MGF. Can anyone cook up an in-world reason why Artmali *should* build pyramids? Maybe they are an idealized slice of the blue moon (since "everyone knows" that the bottom side of pyramid is convexly curved). Some day they will all be pulled back up into the sky to re-form the blue moon. Hmmm. Maybe not. Surely someone can do better.

Chris Lemens