Sillyness and Seriousness (vaguely ranty)

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:34:10 -0500

To a few folks;

I think a few people are forgetting an important fact: Its a game. Its okay to have fun at a game. You do remember that some folks don't have fun by method acting and/or cultural immersion, right?

The examples were not written for the die-hard, uber serious, steeped in ancient lore gloranthan grognard. They were written to maybe, just maybe, make the game more approachable. Y'know, new players? Maybe even people new to gaming? The kind that the old guard say they want but often end up driving away? Those folks? Yeah.

As such, a few people on the digest should realize that they were NOT the target audience of those examples

Yeah, I'm a bit irked. I mean, we're not on the Tekumel list, are we?

Jeff