(unknown charset) Re: Orlanthi ironsmithing

From: (nil)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:26:00 +0000 (GMT)

I'll check once I'm home, but I seem to remember KoS on the duties of a tribal king.

> >I assume the iron-smith belongs to a cult that
> teaches her to work iron.
> >What cult will that be, and is there any chance
> that she will not be
> >able to also enchant iron?
>
> What's wrong with Inginew Redson (Storm Tribe p103)?

Probably nothing, if that's the Humakti sub-cult I refered to earlier. I found that plus Babs Gor, and wondered if there were others.

> >Having settled that, if the tribal king tells her
> iron-smith to enchant
> >some iron, what are the chances of a negative
> response?
>
> The availability of Iron Ore would be the most
> obvious limit.

That was my thought.

> If
> so, the smith would be making fine weapons for his
> lord and
> chief retainers and would not be outfitting an army.

also my thought. But the chances of him producing an iron weapon and *not* enchanting it...?

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Jane Williams