Re: Two Questions on Resurrection

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:15:55 +0000

>In my game, the likelihood of success in a law suit is related to how many
>friends both sides have at least as much as how well grounded each sides
>claims are. A stickpicker is not going to win against a tribal chief,
>unless the tribal chief has lost the confidence of much of the tribe, which
>is only likely to happen if he does something specatularly wrong.

Which is why it's up for grabs. As I said originally "pull" counts to determine who wins the case. And a chief can simply choose a Weaponthane as his Champion and go for the Combat Option.

>Once you get into the above situation, it probably comes down to whether the
>offending clan thinks that the offended clan will start a feud over it, and
>whether their friends would support them in such a feud.

I think that there's no hard and fast rule. Some chiefs have more respect for the law than others. Some Lawspeakers have more clout than others. Deciding against a really strong case could hurt a chief's reputation.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.