Re: Hard back book of HeroQuest maps???

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:14:08 +0100

Nick Brooke:

> (I fear it's the kind of thing nobody will make any more, now that the
> Fan Publication Policy allows Issaries to veto or steal any publisher's
> work at the last minute...) :-(

I'll leave the legal nuances to Jeff Richard, but do you _really_ think that Issaries will "steal" someone's work?

I don't.

Rant time.

Preliminary 1: as webmaster I certainly have close connections with Issaries, but I am neither employed nor otherwise economically involved with the company.

Preliminary 2: I have had nothing to do with the creation of the fan policy and its content.

Preliminary 3: I don't like everything about the fan policy, the very strict line on maps for example.

Preliminary 4: even if you don't agree with my opinions here, please read and consider.

So, we can handle the whole fan policy thing in two ways:

  1. Whine, gripe and plant more or less hidden poison barbs all around. Assume the worst, expect the worst.
  2. Heave a deep sigh and do the extra work. Ask for clarifications when needed. Cooperate. Assume the policy isn't there to mess with us. Expect II to handle this as smoothly as possible.

The rhetorical question is then:

Which way do you think willl result in the greatest number of Gloranthan publications?

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 72