West (reply to Ian Cooper)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 13:14:10 +0300 (EEST)

> From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_yahoo.co.uk>
>
> I have always tried to avoid over-rationalizing
> Glorantha. IMHO the diversity of Glorantha cultures
> reflect and are included to explore the different ways
> mankind has interacted with the gods and each other
> over time.

Me too, but I also want it to fit together in a logical way.

The monotheistic mindset doesn't need technological superiority coupled with it. You don't need to have fifteenth century knights clad in partial platemail to explore the monotheistic views on the universe.

So I'm sticking with the early iron-age technology and cultural sophistication, and exploring the various magical and religious mindsets of Glorantha around that premise.

It keeps my gamers much happier too,

        -Adept