Re: Re: Nandan

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:26:32 GMT

In message <42B7B891.5020804_at_weinander.org> Nils Weinander writes:

>I'm not conviced of this argument as Nandans are explicitly
>stated to be women when it comes to marriage, whereas
>Vingans aren't.

Where's this reference? I can't find it in ST or TR.

>Anyway, perhaps the most interesting aspect of this is to
>compare the amount of discussion we do about Vinga and
>women in male occupations compared to the amount we do
>about heortling men in female occupations and their cults.
>Says something about us I guess, but I'm not quite sure
>what :-)

It reflects the amount of discussion about male occupations and their cults compared to female ones. For RPGs male activities are regarded as more interesting than female ones. I'm not sure it's true....

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/