Re: Re: Expectations and what is there

From: Stephen Tempest <gd_at_stempest.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 03:34:37 +0100

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk> writes:

Kevin:
>>I am worried
>> that Dragonrise won't tell me anything I don't
>> already know about the effect of the Dragonrise on
>> the Lunar Empire, much less other parts of the
>> world.

Jane:
>You particularly want the Lunars? OK. I have no idea
>what effect it would have, myself, but I'll pass that
>on

"When the news of the Dragonrise came, Takenegi ordered that watch be kept by night throughout the city of Glamour, to prevent outbreak, and prolonged the terms of the governors of the provinces, that they might be held to their allegiance by experienced men with whom they were acquainted. He also vowed great games to his Divine Mother, in case the condition of the Empire should improve, a thing which had been done in the Seleric wars.

"In fact, they saw that he was so greatly affected that for several months in succession he cut neither his beard nor his hair, and sometimes he would dash his head against a door, crying: "Tatius, give me back my legions!" And he observed the day of the disaster each year as one of sorrow and mourning."

Stephen