Re: Expectations and what is there

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:45:37 +0100 (BST)

Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>

> Jane:
>
> >But I'd recommend against introducing any actual
> >evidence of any alternative relationship.
> >

> Mind you, to put this in perspective, it's not hugely likely that many
> GMs will, in this particular instance.

Well, when I read Dragonrise, I was confused about their relationship and thought that they may be lovers. It didn't enter my head that he might by her son, as I was unaware that she had a son.

This could be very confusing to those Narrators who are not members of the GTA or who do not have an inside connection.

Since we have a very good and fairly detailed plan of the Hero Wars already, in King of Dragon Pass, why not just sketch out what is going to happen in the various stages of the Hero Wars, probably on the Issaries website, and let people know what is going to happen?

The detail of the scenarios and supplements will not be affected - everyone knows that Kallyr summons a dragon who eats most of the Lunars in Sartar, but not everyone knows the exact details of how this occurs. Publishing a more detailed timeline will solve problems such as Kallyr and her son and will whet the appetite of those Narrating the Hero Wars - allowing us to plan a campaign ahead rather than waiting for the next supplement to eventually come out.

Simon