A before O

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:07:22 +0200 (CEST)

Jane Williams
> Subject: Pharoah reference

> Finally tracked down that reference to "Belintar's Book" that I knew I'd
> seen in a fanzine - sorry it took so long, but going through my shelf
> thinking "it was A4 and black and white, how many fanzines fit that
> description?" took a while.

> Tradetalk 5, page 4. "The Pharoah", by Greg. And it isn't exactly hard
> factual stuff, to put it mildly.

Pharaoh.

I'll have to take a look, but I'm fairly certain that we got the spelling right in Tradetalk. I did some proof-reading back then...

Come on, it means "God-King", like the Egyptian term. RuneQuest Companion was consequent in the mis-spelling, but later publications got it right.

It's no Gloronthan name (such as "Lankhor Mhy" or "Iripi Ontor" or "Yanafil").

(Same with Sagittus - "Archer", but sadly neither with Malia - goddess or spirit of _bad_ things like disease. "Mallia" means something like "Apple Girl" or "Apple Land"...)

Jane is right about the absence of factual stuff, though - the text in TT reads like the preface to Belintar's Book, 1615 edition.