Reinventig the wheel (was Illusion)

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:45:24 -0800

For a "carls of the village" game, has anyone looked at Steve Marsh's "Regular Folks" campaign? I thought it was pretty neat. You can find it at: http://adrr.com/hero/hero.htm

Paul McDonald wrote:
> What is my point? I think Hero Wars, while very cool, involves a
good
> bit more tweaking by the GM than most games I have played.
Pendragon
> Pass had a reasonable set of "stead management" rules, and perhaps
Hero
> Wars will come with something like this out of the box. I doubt it
> though... Looks like we will have to put on our thinking caps and
> reinvent the wheel.
>
> Hopefully it will be a better wheel this time around! :)

I know I shouldn't judge things by the bare bones of the rules on the Glorantha site, but I'm worried that this might end up another "Fantasy Hero" - a nice looking system, but requiring so much GM preparation/invention that it wasn't worth the bother.

Is there an example of a 100 word essay somewhere with a translation into HW mechanics? Examples of using the system? At this point I don't need any more Glorantha stuff - I just want to figure out if Hero Wars is worth the effort.