Re: Reinventig the wheel (was Illusion)

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:27:16 -0000

> Wars will come with something like this out of the box.
>I doubt it though... Looks like we will have to put on our
>thinking caps and reinvent the wheel.

To be honest, I don't think much playtesting has gone beyong character-scale mechanics, and mid-to-low end characters at that. David Dunham may have done some work on stead management and other community-level abilities and contests. This is ground that will undoubtedly be covered in later material, when more testing has been done in this area. So far, the rules work well up to and significantly above the power level range of most RQ characters. I don't even know if the rules really stand up for simulating Harrek's listed stats vs a similarly powerful hero that has been built up over two years of play. In two years toime, however, that problem will have been solved, though!

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.