Re: But how does it WORK?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:32:11 -0800

"roderick and ellen robertson" <rjrem-_at_...> wrote: original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hw-rules/?start=480
> Augmenting iusing strength *during* a contest is that
pause-and-deep-breath
> just before you do your mighty swing, as you gather your strength.
Good image, thanks.

> > And how about the archery in HW too, I've read previous posts, and
the
> > idea of AP-contest archery jars a lot with me too...
> >
> Notice that bit about visualizing - the outcome of loosing a single
arrow
> should not be an extended contest, because there is no "back and forth
> struggle". It should be an ability test (if it's just to hit a static
> target), or a simple contest (my archery vrs the opponent's dodge).
Assuming he has Dodge... Nonetheless, this suits me much better.

As a competition archer, and a re-enactment and Live Role-Playing Viking Warrior (couple of useful keywords there...) my main problem is still the vagueness of the combat resolution, but as I hear more it gets better... Ah, well, it's Glorantha, we'll play it anyway...

Wulf