Re: Spirit combats

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:05:38 -0700

Gian asked

> When a nature spirit (let's say a Flame Spirit) attacks a hero, can
> the hero
> harm the spirit without magic (with his nasty blade)?

Probably not, in that if the hero wins the contest, I wouldn't assign any terrible consequences to the spirit.

> When a possessing spirit/ghost attacks a hero and it is trying to do
> its best to possess him, what is the relevant ability used by the
> hero to resist, provided he doesn't know spirit combat?

That would depend on the hero, wouldn't it? Everyone has different abilities.

Most people have some ability that could be used, even if it's a relationship to their clan (which would probably get a modifier, but would represent their attachment to their ancestral spirits [or daimones if you prefer the scientific term]).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein