Re: Spirit combats

From: giangero_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:59:17 -0000

yahoo is being converted to the Red Moon, so it is featuring more madness and chaos than before :)

thanks, Tim and David, for the answers: both are useful.

> can always fall back on the magic kyword, with penalties for
> non-animists dealing with spirits...

this and David's use of Relationship are interesting, even if I find that, probably, in this way HW characters are more exposed to possessing spirits than previously.

Usually the MPvsMP was a fair and balanced combat, but now the Might of the spirits is (usually, as a feeling, ask me not to demonstrate this) higher than the heroes Relationship abilities or their magic keywords (penalized for theists or sorcerers).

i.e. a Might 10w spirit is not that rare, i think (let's imagine a Mad Head Ghost, for instance).
But a Relationship at 10W or a Magic Keyword (penalized) at 10W are much difficult to achieve: so I imagine that an HW character is highly exposed to the Ghost possession risk.

Am I over powering the ghost or is the danger involved by spiritactivities  really so high?

Ciao,
Gian