Re: Highlander for HW

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:49:43 -0000

gareth Martin wrote:
>However, how does one handle not just an invulnerability that
one side does not know about, but a particular vulnerability that they might discover by accident? This is where the randomness of other systems would come into play; a blow might, randomly, be a decapitating blow. This is unlikely unless specified by an actor in HW - how would GM's handle that sort of thing?<

Well I'd just wing it by defeat level. In this case, on a complete defeat level your chop of Conner's head, on any ohter level of defeat you merely inflict serious wonds on him.His regenerative powers come into play in the healing time. Witness the first battle, he is run through and unable to act i.e. below 0AP major defeat but his healing powers shorten the recovery time for normaly given (i.e Conner recovers in one scene, not one episode).

If the ablility was not regeneration but real invulnerabilty with a weakness a la Achilles, I would give you a high defensive edge (say ^20 for ankle vulnerability only) to represent the reduced killing area.

Ian Cooper