Re: Highlander for HW

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:51:11 -0000

If the defeat is high enough to kill him, and he can only be killed by decapitation, then, obviously the blow has decapitated him.

If the player wants to try and decapitate him deliberately then, obviously he has to bid high enough to kill him - if he fails (just reduces him to 0 or -3 AP, for example) then he has obviously whacked him on the side of the head, or some such, taking him out of the fight (reduced below 0 AP) but not yet dead (although there's always the Coup-de-grace...)

One thing we briefly discussed after one of the games at Rocococon was whether there should be a mechanism for sacrificing points to boost your chance of/level of success - to represent the hero who is prepared to sacrifice himself in order to ensure a victory. I think this would have to be in terms of Wounds/Injuries rather than AP's, and even then it might be a bit easy to "shrug off" with healing after the fight (It's supposed to be to allow thenoble sacrifice of the tragic hero, not a way for the player who took "Follower: Bevaran Medic" to "power up" his character!)