Re: Highlander for HW

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:17:45 -0000

> If the defeat is high enough to kill him, and he can only be killed
> by decapitation, then, obviously the blow has decapitated him.

OK. Would you then distinguish between two characters with 25 AP in a combat skill, one of whom can only be killed via McGuffin, and one which is subject to all normal forms of injury? What bothers me is how one would show, frex, the damage suffered by McLeod before he knew he had this special power; he takes a "fatal" blow, which is not in fact fatal. This might be represented by a hefty "arise from the dead" type feat, maybe. As it stands, with Connor vs Random Clansman, both with 5w, connors nominal invlunerability only serves to oblige the blow in ANY case which he is defeated unto death to be beheading; which seems to undermine the significance of the ability ion the first place as it is, in fact, no protection.