Re: Highlander for HW

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:19:27 +0200

David :

> >Would you then distinguish between two characters with 25 AP in
> >a combat skill, one of whom can only be killed via McGuffin, and one
> >which is subject to all normal forms of injury? What bothers me is
> >how one would show, frex, the damage suffered by McLeod before he
> >knew he had this special power; he takes a "fatal" blow, which is not
> >in fact fatal. This might be represented by a hefty "arise from the
> >dead" type feat, maybe.
>
> This seems more like a Secret to me.

This has sounded like a Secret to me right from the beginning of the discussion.

Except that there's that "Quickening", "There Can Be Only One" * and "Prize" baggage to deal with too...

Perhaps "Immortal" as an Affinity with "The Prize" as its Secret ?

Physical Skills : Close Combat (Ancient Weapons +10), Frown Mental Skills : Ancient Knowledge, Clich�d Pronouncements, World Weariness

Affinities :

Immortal (Special : Cannot die from loss of APs) (Ageless, Ignore Fatal Wound (Unless It Be Decapitation/Disintegration), Regenerate, Shake Off Death, "Suicide" Tactics)

The Quickening (Desire to Slay Other Immortals, Recognise Another Immortal For What He Or She Is, "There Can Be Only One", Gain Extra Skill Points From Any Immortal You Have Recently Beheaded In Close Combat)

Secret : The Prize

Julian Lord