Re: Silly terminology question

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:58:33 -0000

> named for people. For example Yinkin's sub-cult of Hevren. I
guess
> you could call it "an initiate of Hevren Yinkinson." But others
are
> even worse, like Hevduran the Sword Sage, a sub cult of Lankhor
My.
> How the heck to you say that in a convenient way?

Well, my current character would simply describe himself as a Hevdurani Sword Sage. I remember reading somewhere that a typical unlettered, isolated Russian peasant in the late middle ages would generally know the names, holy days and key tales of something like 120 saints.

This was the finding of some anal-retentive from France who travelled expecting to find them all semi-heathen barbarians. They were, but they did know their saints ;-)

Along the same lines, no Orlanthi should need prompting as to who Hevduran is or the name of Hevren's father...

Mark